Extract from this book
It would be wrong to think of New Calvinism as founded on a clear doctrinal stand, for, as we shall see, it is a broad tent, with an assortment of different ideas, teachings, practices and doctrines. First we will look at the origin of New Calvinism and its association with The Gospel Coalition; then we will meet three American ministers who stand at the heart of New Calvinism, namely Dr Tim Keller, Pastor of Redeemer Presbyterian Church, New York; Dr John Piper, former pastor of Bethlehem Baptist Church, Minneapolis, and director of Desiring God Ministries; and Pastor Mark Driscoll, of Mars Hill Church in Seattle, who is reputed to be the most downloaded pastor in history. While the term 'New Calvinism' is seldom used in the UK, its underlying philosophy is being keenly adopted by churches and organisations here (as we shall see in later chapters).
Table of Contents
1. The Phenomenon of New Calvinism: the Resurgence of Worldly Christianity
2. Tim Keller: the Intellectual Populist of New Calvinism
3. John Piper and Theological Flexibility
4. Mark Driscoll: Proponent of 'Cultural Relevance'
5. New Calvinism in the UK: the Proclamation Trust
6. The Porterbrook Network and New Calvinism
7. A Voice From the Past
Publisher Wakeman Trust / Belmont House
Number of pages 74
Our Price £2.95